A core part of what inspired Cedar & Sea in the first place was our desire to create an apparel brand that was truly focused on giving and creating a positive impact on the world.
Plant With Purpose
Compassion International is a child-advocacy ministry pairing compassionate people with children living in extreme poverty to release the children from spiritual, economic, social, and physical poverty.
Compassion, suffering with another person, combines sympathy with an active response or a desire to help. They take a long-term approach to child development by investing in and for the life of each child in Jesus’ name.Their holistic approach to child development equips the children today with skills to succeed tomorrow.
To best serve the children around the world, Compassion International partners with thousands of local churches, who then help tailor their children’s development model and needs.
The main areas of focus are:
- Child Sponsorship pairs one child with one sponsor who gets to connect with the child and help them afford food, clothing, and school.
- Compassion Survival focuses on promoting development and survival of the most vulnerable babies, while also providing education and support for the mother or primary caregiver.
- Youth Development helps young people ages 12 and older identify and cultivate their God-given talents and purpose to equip them with the skills to build a better life.
- Critical Needs includes opportunities to provide medical assistance, extra food, and nutritional supplements, emergency home repairs and disaster relief, access to clean and safe water, education assistance, and other necessities.
Compassion International is a registered 501(C)(3) Nonprofit Organization. To learn more about the organization or get further involved (like sponsoring a child… we highly recommend it), visit them at https://www.compassion.com
For more than 40 years, Lifewater International has walked alongside children and families in extreme poverty to provide clean water, improved health, and hope for generations to come. They are Christians committed to ending the global water and sanitation crisis so every child can thrive as God intends.
Their process involves:
- Designing tailored programs for each region
- Conduct Baseline Surveys to assess the health, economic status, and safe water access within the regional population.
- Engaging the local churches and community to educate and empower them on safe and healthy hygiene practices.
- Design and build safe water solutions
- Test the water quality
- Celebrate! (celebrate emoji)
- And monitor for the next 5-years to ensure sustained quality
Lifewater currently has hundreds of projects in Cambodia, Ethiopia, Uganda, and Tanzania.
Lifewater International is a registered 501(C)(3) Nonprofit Organization based out of San Luis Obispo, California. To learn more about the organization, visit them at https://lifewater.org.
If you have any questions, you can reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
-Cedar & Sea Fam